Dark Side of Seoul Ghost Walk
Looking to explore the hidden side of Seoul? On Friday, August 5th, ANZA Korea is pleased to team-up with the Dark Side of Seoul to host a very special evening Ghost Walk!
Hosted by Joe McPherson, the tour shows what’s so exciting and intriguing about Korean history. Meeting outside Anguk Station exit 2, he will guide us through twisting alleys and weird landmarks. Highlights include the following:
- The site of a royal massacre
- The remains of a general’s home that had a bloody ending
- Unhyeongung Royal Residence and the notorious ruler who lived there
- The former red light district of Jongno 3-ga
- The hidden energy focused in Tapgol Park
- How Pimatgol Alley aided the 1987 democracy movement
- A surprising historic international landmark that Seoulites are unaware of
- Water related ghost stories while strolling down the Cheonggyecheon Stream
- A bridge that tells the story of revenge
- PLUS tales and warnings of ghosts sightings on the tour itself
Time: 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM KST [we encourage attendees to arrive by 7:45 PM]
Date: Friday, August 5, 2022
Tickets: 25,000 KRW [ANZA Members] | 30,000 KRW [Non-Members] Start location: Anguk Station, exit 2
End locations: Between Gwanghwamun and Jonggak Stations
Tour spots are strictly limited – sign-up below to secure your ticket!
Children under 18 should have adult supervision.
Comfortable walking shoes, bottled water, umbrella (depends), camera.
Dark Side of Seoul – Introduction
- The site of a gruesome massacre
- The bridge whose stones tell a dark story that lovers and passersby know nothing about
- A neighborhood known to be occupied by the spirits of prostitutes who met grisly ends
- August 5, 2022
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm